Art Advisory Services, Inc.
Since the 1970’s, Art Advisory Services Inc. has maintained a leadership position in the art consulting industry. Founded and owned by Fulbright Scholar Judith Selkowitz, the firm provides corporations and individuals a professional, informed approach to selecting, acquiring and maintaining fine art. Art Advisory Services’ clients include Fortune 1000 companies, major international banks and law firms as well as private collectors. New collectors are assured that Ms. Selkowitz’ encyclopedic knowledge of the art market will result in acquiring works of proven quality and value. For new and seasoned collectors, the firm provides access to hard-to-find resources for established as well as emerging artists. And Ms. Selkowitz has a long-standing reputation among architects and interior designers for selecting art that compliments their work.
The company’s services include:
- Acquisition and sales of 19th and 20th Century, and contemporary art (paintings, drawings, photographs, sculptures, prints, textiles).
- Collection assessment to determine retention or de-accession strategies.
- Authentication, appraisal and investigation of provenance and condition.
- Client representation during private negotiations and at auctions.
- Arranging for site-specific commissioned artworks.
- Framing services, including reframing to refresh an existing collection.
- Transportation, delivery and installation of artwork.
- Collection management: inventory and appraisal services.
- Researching, market analysis and monitoring.
In today’s dynamic, unpredictable art market, clients more than ever look to Art Advisory Services for expert advice on how to collect with confidence.