Marcia Wood Gallery represents contemporary artists of exceptional merit who range from ground-breaking young artists with emerging careers to internationally established masters. The criteria for inclusion in the gallery program is an artist’s rigorous commitment to making compelling work that is pertinent and critical to today’s contemporary art arena.
Marcia Wood Gallery represents artists of merit who are making notable contributions to the field of contemporary art. The roster encompasses exceptional young artists at the onset of their careers to internationally established masters. The criteria for artists represented is a consistent commitment to work of a powerful individual vision, a depth of content and a mastery of craft. In dialogue with an ongoing focus on painting, the gallery presents a diverse program of media including video, installation, digital media, sculpture and photography. Marcia Wood has been working in the arts in Atlanta since 1983. Marcia Wood Gallery was founded in1995.
1.Venske & Spanle, Autoeater, 2017, Public Art, marble, Fiat Panda
2. Robert Chamberlin, Collapse 24, 2018, raw porcelain and mason stain, 8 x 14 x 12 inches
3. Cosmo Whyte, Vessel 2, 2017, charcoal, gold leaf on paper, 74 x 54 inches
4. Benjamin Britton, Constituting a wobbly bounteous present, 2015, acrylic and oil on canvas over panel, 50 x 47 inches
5. David Humphrey, Birds, 2013, acrylic on linen, 60 x 72 inches
6. Scott Eakin, Joyce 4, 2018, acrylic on panel, 84 x 84 inches